- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- noon - 1:00 p.m.
Rob Anderson comes to UNC Asheville after teaching various levels of two-dimensional foundation, painting, and drawing classes for nine years at Northern Kentucky University.
He describes his work:
"My work explores the subtleties of the ordinary human experience. The paintings are mostly done from direct observation, allowing me to slow down and examine the things usually seen through a glance and left overlooked; the mundane. I am interested in making quiet images focusing on the senses rather than the sensational. The geometric nature of the images creates a sense of solitude, allowing the pictures to slowly unfold to the eye, and developing into unique situations within the image.
In my paintings, I investigate all I can within my surroundings, pulling out intensities where they may be seemingly lacking. Through the visual restraints, my creativity is often found. Developing images from what is in front of me is essential to my work. Since I am only dealing with what is within my general experience, I am speaking honestly through the paint."
MFA, Concentration in Painting
University of Cincinnati, College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning (2007)
BA, Cum Laude, Concentration in Painting and Drawing
Xavier University, (2005)
Recent Exhibitions / Publications
SOLO • TWO-PERSON EXHIBITIONS
- 2017 Nature Runs Parallel, Edison State Community College. Piqua, OH
- 2014 Defining Presence: A Two Person Show, Brandt-Roberts Gallery. Columbus, OH
- 2013 A Place in Time, Miami University. Oxford, OH
- 2011 Difference and Repetition, The Carnegie Visual & Performance Arts Center. Covington, KY
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
- 2017 Getting Dressed in the Dark, Divisible Gallery. Dayton, OH
- 2016 Faculty Show, Northern Kentucky University. Highland Heights, KY
- 2015 Anniversary Show, Brandt-Roberts Gallery. Columbus, OH
Courses being taught Fall 2018
- ART 122: Two-Dimensional Design
- ART 144: Foundation Drawing
- ART 218: Painting I