The Art Department offers several scholarships and awards that are awarded to students based on financial need. These scholarships are usually announced the Annual Juried Student Exhibition or at a separate Awards Night and will be awarded for the following academic year. All scholarships may not be available every year.
- The S. Tucker Cooke Endowed Scholarship *
- The S. Tucker Cooke Scholarship II *
- The S. Tucker Cooke Scholarship for Materials and Supplies*
- The Otto Feistmann Memorial Endowed Scholarship*
- The Cogburn Scholarship*
- The Art Alumni Scholarship*
- The New Leaf Scholarship*
- The Ron Layne Scholarship for Sculpture in Honor of Dan Millspaugh*
- Millspaugh Scholarship in Memory of Margaret Millspaugh
- The Drawing Discourse Scholarship for Drawing*
- The Drawing Discourse Scholarship for Any Media*
- The Art History Scholarship
- Other awards for materials and supplies
Announcements for application deadlines for these scholarships are usually posted during the first week of March. Students may get information from the art office at any time about when to apply, etc. Only declared Art Majors may apply for Department of Art and Art History scholarships. Only BA and BFA candidates are eligible for scholarships; those seeking a Certificate of Major are not eligible. Some awards are not subject to this limitation, and students need not submit an application to be considered for these awards.
* The amount of scholarships may vary due to fluctuating investment rates and the above is only a guide to past awards. Additional scholarships and awards may be offered periodically.