Assistant Professor of Art
107 Owen Hall
Tamie Beldue, three-time winner of The Art Renewals Drawing Salon, came to UNC Asheville in 2008. She teaches the freshman course Applied Media and various levels of drawing and lithography.
Beldue has exhibited extensively in the US, including the Fort Wayne Museum of Art Realism Biennial, Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts, Mobile Museum of Art, William King Museum, and Fontbonne University Arts Gallery. Her works are in the permanent collections of the Arnot Museum of Art, The DeYoung Museum, Howard & Judy Tullman Collection, James T. Dyke Collection of Contemporary Drawings and the Sandy & Diane Besser Collection. She is represented by Keny Galleries in Columbus, OH.
- MFA, Drawing and Printmaking
University of Cincinnati
- BFA, Drawing and Printmaking
Columbus College of Art and Design
- ART 110: Applied Media Program I
- ART 111: Applied Media Program II
- ART 112: Drawing I
- ART 113: Life Drawing I
- ART 373: Lithography
- ART 400: B.A. Seminar
- ART 490: Senior Exhibition
- ART 491: Senior Exhibition
Recent Publications/Exhibitions (2007-present)
- SELECTED SOLO & TWO PERSON EXHIBITIONS
- 2012 The ARTery (Asheville Area Arts Council), River Arts District. Asheville, NC (upcoming).
- 2012 Fine Lines: drawings of Kathy Moore, Clara Crockett & Tamie Beldue, Springfield Museum of Art. Springfield, IL.
- 2010 University of Mississippi, Gallery 130: Fluctuating Perceptions. University, MS.
- 2008 Rosewood Gallery: Pam Adams & Tamie Beldue. Kettering, OH.
- 2007 Keny Galleries: Tamie Beldue: Recent Figural Drawings & Lithographs. Columbus, OH.
- 2007 Keny Galleries: Fine Drawings. Columbus, OH.
- SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
- 2012 The Manifest Gallery, International Juried NUDE 4. Cincinnati, OH.
- 2012 McNeese State University: National Drawing Invitational Exhibition. Lake Charles, LA (upcoming).
- 2012 Drawing Center Program, New York City, NY http://www.drawingcenter.org/viewingprogram/portfolio.cfm.
- 2010 Fort Wayne Museum of Art: 2010 Contemporary Realism Biennial. Fort Wayne, IN.
- 2010 Green Hill Center for the Arts: Drawing Revisited. Greensboro, NC.
- 2010 Fontbonne University Fine Arts Gallery: The Figure Now. St. Louis, MO.
- 2010 Elmhurst Art Museum: National Art Premiere 2010. Elmhurst, IL.